Legal Counsel / Data Protection Officer
Harver is looking for a Legal Counsel/ Data Protection Officer to join our growing, informal and dynamic company in the heart of Amsterdam!
Harver is a fast-growing HR Tech SaaS company. We created a platform that enables recruiters to make data-driven hiring decisions. By leveraging predictive analytics and AI, the Harver platform can predict whether or not an applicant is suitable for the job he/she is applying for and assists recruiters in selecting the right people. For more information, check out our client page.
We entered the market in 2013 and we now have offices in Amsterdam, London, Paris, & New York. Over 2 million candidates flow through our system every year, and we’re signing new clients weekly.
As our Legal Counsel/ Data Protection Officer, you will contribute to the further growth of Harver.
As a Legal Counsel / Data Protection Officer, you will have the following responsibilities:
Inform and advise the company, as well as their management employees of their obligations under data protection law;
- Monitor compliance of the organization with all legislation in relation to data protection, including audits, awareness-raising activities, as well as training employees who are involved in processing operations;
- Provide advice where a DPIA is required and monitor its performance;
- Act as a point of contact for requests from individuals regarding the processing of their personal data and how they can exercise their rights;
- Cooperate with DPAs and act as a point of contact for DPAs on issues relating to processing;
- Supervise and/or implement relevant record-keeping for the processing of personal data;
- Be responsible for the management of the Privacy Requests process;
- Be responsible for implementing the privacy framework (develop guidelines, procedures, toolkit) in your areas of responsibility and periodically monitor the maturity level;
- Be responsible for developing privacy processes/policies/procedures and disseminating privacy controls in areas of responsibility;
- Carry out Awareness activities in areas of responsibility
What do we offer?
We offer you a full-time position in the heart of Amsterdam in one of Europe’s most promising startups (not our words - WIRED Magazine's) in a pivotal time in its existence. Furthermore, you will get:
- Healthy free lunches;
- Latest MacBook (lease-lend);
- 24 holidays per contract year;
- Commuting allowance;
- A company with a great culture;
- An annual development budget of 3K;
- Excited to work in a start-up environment;
- The ability to multi-task;
- A team player;
- Dutch Law, MA
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written);
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to work independently
Employee screening policy Harver reserves the right to screen new employees. Depending on the specific job, the screening may consist of the following elements: the verification of references, the validation of the authenticity of identity papers and diplomas, conducting an integrity survey, and requesting a Certificate of Conduct (VOG). An assessment may be part of the application procedure