Lead Security Engineer
WHO ARE WE?
Harver is a global leader in pre-employment software. We help enterprise companies & Fortune 500's like Booking.com and Valvoline build better and more diverse teams. How? Our software empowers hiring teams to lean on psychologically-backed data to drive hiring decisions. Check out our custom solutions for partners like Sitel, Netflix & KPMG.
As a Lead Security Engineer at Harver you will be the figurehead for product security. Our self-steering software engineering teams will seek your expertise to support them in delivering software products used by millions of users that are reliable and safe.
You will be proud to be part of an organization that moves fast, shipping products that our customers love and hackers hate.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This is a pioneering role at Harver where we see two modes of working
- Leading security awareness within the Product & Engineering organization:
- Performing and facilitating general whitehat security testing across of platform
- Supporting compliance with security certifications such as ISO27001 & SOC2
- Working with external pen testing and other security related vendors
- Setting minimum security engineering standards (Engineering practices and Secure Development Lifecycle)
- Performing internal audits
- Share awareness of latest security news and technologies
- Participate in and contribute to security awareness, training, and education activities for specialized topics such as secure software development, product security services, and product security way of working;
- Working within project teams
- Work as part of product delivery to promote a culture of security focused engineering
- Facilitate secure design and architecture activities such as threat modelling
- Support teams in secure code review.
- Advise project teams on (technical) software security solutions
Our broader company values at Harver also describe our company and engineering culture:
Dare to jump. We give you and your team trust and autonomy. You have the power to make the right decisions.
Act one step ahead. We continually improve and innovate with our product and technology
Land on the right side of history. We manage and process the data we collect responsibly and ethically. We are proactive in preventing discrimination.
Make it a journey to remember. Harver is a true scale-up and, as it grows, we want you to enjoy it; accepting new challenges, meeting new faces and growing personally.
Who are you?
- 8+ years software engineering experience, preferably in SaaS companies
- 5+ years security experience
- Experience with ISO27001 & SOC2 in the context of startup/scale-up environments
- Experience with penetration testing and security assessments
- We prefer a candidate with security recognized certifications
- You are a hands-on engineer who also see the big picture
- You are an expert who is happy to share their knowledge
- A business enabling security attitude as opposed to a business disabling one
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunity
- 24 days of vacation allowance
- Commuting allowance
- Pension plan
- Annual personal development budget
More about Harver
Harver is a full-suite candidate selection platform designed to enable organizations around the world to hire better, faster whilst providing a fair opportunity for every applicant. Our suite of products facilitates the entire hiring process, from application to interview, particularly for enterprises who need to hire at volume. Despite everything 2020 has thrown our way, Harver has proven to be hyper-relevant to the current reality and we look forward to continued growth and expanding our product and engineering team for 2021.
Employee screening policy
Harver reserves the right to screen new employees. Depending on the specific job, the screening may consist of the following elements: the verification of references, the validation of the authenticity of identity papers and diploma's, conducting an integrity survey and requesting a Certificate of Conduct (VOG). An assessment may be part of the application procedure.